August 8th, 2012
If you haven’t registered yet for Subaru Centurion Canada (The Blue Mountains), presented by Cervelo, you may want to get on it!
The event that started the cycling movement throughout Ontario heads into its 3rd year with more momentum than ever. Registrations are ahead of pace from last year and with more than a month to go before event weekend, we are announcing today our intent to cap registrations once they reach a peak level.
“To deliver the Centurion Cycling experience that you’ve all come to expect and also maintain a primary focus on rider safety, we’ve made the decision to institute registration caps this year at Centurion Canada for the C100, C50 and C25,” said Graham Fraser, Centurion Cycling Founder and CEO.
2012 Registration Caps:
- 3,500 total riders for the Centurion 50 and 100 on Sunday, September 16
- 1,000 riders for the Centurion 25 on Saturday, September 15
- There aren’t registration caps for the Kid’s Ride or the Open Hill Climb, both on Saturday
Centurion Canada is the Championship event for the 2012 Centurion Cycling Series, which consisted of three other events leading up to Blue. At each event, riders earned points based on their finish times in the Centurion 100 and Centurion 50. Awards will be given at Centurion Canada for overall and age group point ranking champions.
And while serving as the culminating event in the Series, Centurion Canada has also gained a loyal following and garnered broad appeal from cycling clubs, teams, charity groups and individuals of all cycling abilities who consider it to be a crown jewel among cycling events.
With more than 75 team members riding last year, Dallyce Macas of The Georgian Peaks Ski Club understands the popularity of Centurion Canada among all types of cyclists.
“The breadth of events means that you get to pick the distance and pace you’re comfortable with,” said Macas, adding, “There is no pressure if you just want to enjoy the 25-mile ride while making it a personal best. And, the “pro’s” and weekend warriors riding the longer distances experience a world class set-up with flawless execution. For everyone who participates, it lets the riding or racing experience shine through.”
If you haven’t yet experienced Subaru Centurion Canada (The Blue Mountains), presented by Cervelo, here is what you can count on:
- Amazing venue in the Blue Mountain Village at the Blue Mountain Resort
- Scenic and challenging courses that begin at the base of the legendary Niagara Escarpment along the shore of the Georgian Bay
- Traffic control throughout giving cyclists the right-of-way
- Coordinated start with pace corrals so racers can race and riders can ride
- Chip timing from start to finish
- Full technical and medical support on the course and at the venue
- Finish line festival including post race food
- Full expo introducing riders to the latest in bikes and cycling gear
- Camaraderie and competition for age group awards and the club challenge.
Be sure to grab your spot, and register today by clicking HERE.